Athlete Spotlight: Kennedy Lewis

Photo Courtesy of Kennedy Lewis

Griffin Scoggins, Junior Editor

Many of you might know Kennedy Lewis only as a kind-spirited soccer player here at CHS; however, she is much more than that! As the team’s starting goalkeeper, her love for the sport goes back to her earliest days.

Throughout her childhood, her parents were enthusiastic about sports and influenced her to play basketball. Yet during her kindergarten year, her best friend at the time was very into soccer and inspired her to play as well. Immediately after convincing her parents to let her play, the spark between her and soccer flourished.

One of the things soccer has given her is the lifelong friendships. Whether they were formed from competitive soccer teams or just high school ones, the bonds created are unforgettable. She highlighted the camaraderie she’s experienced through the years and added “all of my best friends now are from my soccer team, and I love them so much.”

Though her passions aren’t just focused on soccer! When she is not playing soccer, she finds herself reading or doing art, which she describes as “really basic stuff.” Alongside these hobbies, she really enjoys Science and English. Her love for science corresponds to her dream to pursue a career in psychology. You may be wondering, “what about soccer? Is she still going to play in the future?” Currently, she does not have plans to compete collegiately, but who knows? Life is unpredictable!