Dragon Spirit

The Student News Site of Collierville High School

Dragon Spirit

Dragon Spirit

Book Releases of 2024
Book Releases of 2024
March 25, 2024

Cheer and Pom

From the end of April to the Beginning of May, cheer and pom have been nonstop. With practices all throughout summer, these girls begin to prepare for the long-awaited football season. Having to attend every game weather it is at home or away.

With it being fall, these sports will begin to really pick up as competition season is in go. With the start of the season, over the summer these two teams attend a “Mastering Camp.” This is where the girls will stay a week out of town and learn a routine where they must perform in from of UCA or UDA staff in order to be able to participate at Nationals in February.

After attending cheer and dance camp, these girls are now ready to begin practicing for regionals. Regionals is a big deal for both teams. This completion will depict weather or not these ladies are well enough to move further on with the season. Last weekend both of our teams participated in the UCA/UDA regionals competition where they both moved on to the national level.  With Pom placing 1st in both their traditional and game-day routines, and cheer placing 2nd in their traditional and 3rd in their game-day routines.

Moving forward, both teams will begin to prepare for state and then finally for nationals which will take place in the ESPN stadium at the beginning or February. At nationals, both teams will perform both their game-day and tradition routines where they display all of their hard work they have been applying sense April. Some will return home sad while others will return home with a medal or even better a white jacket.

After nationals with the seasons coming to an end, shortly after a new season is quick to begin. With only having about a month or two off, tryouts will be approaching within the blink of an eye, then the whole process repeats.