Dragon Spirit

The Student News Site of Collierville High School

Dragon Spirit

Dragon Spirit

Book Releases of 2024
Book Releases of 2024
March 25, 2024

Tiger V.S. Tide

Photo courtesy of cbssports.com

With the college football season coming to an end, last Saturday rivals Alabama and Auburn took on the traditional Iron Bowl. With Alabama being ranked number 8 and being (11-1) and Auburn being ranked below top 25 and being (6-6), this game is sure to be a good one!

After kickoff in the first quarter, both teams scored a touchdown and ending the first quarter with a tied score of 7-7. Moving into the second quarter, both teams scored another touchdown with the Crimson Tide making a field goal putting them ahead three points. AT the end of the second quarter the score was 17-14 with Alabama in the lead.

Transitioning into the third quarter, The Crimson Tide scored another field goal giving them an additional three points. However, the Tigers took over the third quarter as the scored another touchdown giving then seven more points putting them ahead 1 point. With the third quarter coming to an end the score is 20-21, Tigers in the lead.

At this point in the game, either team could take home the win! With the kickoff of the fourth quarter, both teams knew this is going to be a close game. With this, Auburn made a kick and gained 3 points putting them ahead by four. Auburn fans began to sit up as they believed the tigers were about to take home the win. The Tigers kept this lead for the majority of the fourth quarter. With the ending of the game approaching Alabama knew they had to do something. With 40 seconds left in the fourth quarter, the Crimson Tide caught the ball in the corner of the end zone giving then a touchdown and 7 points. Putting them in the lead with 3 points over the Tigers, ending the game with a final score of 27-24, Alabama with the win!