Dragon Spirit

The Student News Site of Collierville High School

Dragon Spirit

Dragon Spirit

Book Releases of 2024
Book Releases of 2024
March 25, 2024

The Tortured Poets Department

Photo+courtesy+of+Instagram+
Photo courtesy of Instagram

Taylor Swift’s 11th album, “The Tortured Poets Department,” or “TTPD” for short, will be released on April 19. During her acceptance speech for Best Pop Vocal Album at the 2024 Grammy Awards, she made the surprise announcement that she is releasing her eleventh studio album, Midnights. (The win also marked her 13th Grammy, which is widely regarded as her lucky number). 

During the speech, Swift thanked her fans for their support of her 10th album, Midnights, and promised to repay them by revealing a secret she’d kept for two years: the details of her upcoming album. 

The exciting news came just hours after Swift sent fans into a frenzy by changing her social media profile pictures to black and white, leading many Swifties to believe she was about to announce the re-recording of Reputation (Taylor’s Version). Her website also went down shortly before the Grammys ceremony, with a mysterious error code containing the text hneriergrd, which fans deciphered as “red herring. “Swift is known for leaving clues or easter eggs for fans to figure out, which piqued their interest even more. 

The day after her announcement, she released the track list for her album, which included artists such as Post Malone on the track “Fortnight” and Florence and the Machine on the track “Florida!!!” as well as song titles such as “So Long, London” and “The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived,” leading fans to speculate that her upcoming album was a breakup album and referring to her widely public breakup with ex-Joe Alwyn Fans also believed the album title and referenced her prior connection with Alwyn when internet sleuths discovered an interview in which he revealed that he was a member of a group chat called the Tortured Mans Club alongside ‘Normal People’ star Paul Mescal.  

The album contains 16 songs and a bonus track titled “The Manuscript,”. 

The album, which is billed as a synth-pop album, has fans all worked up and waiting for April 19th, and until then, they are interpreting all that they can.