Dragon Spirit

The Student News Site of Collierville High School

Dragon Spirit

Dragon Spirit

Book Releases of 2024
Book Releases of 2024
March 25, 2024

Superbowl Setlist

Superbowl+Setlist

The Super Bowl is taking place on February 11th   in Las Vegas, Nevada. The big game will feature the Kansas City Chiefs vs the San Francisco 49ers.   

Most football fans watch the Super Bowl for the football game, but several others tune in to watch the musical performances during the pregame and halftime show. Amongst these big names, country music legend Reba McEntire was selected to perform the national anthem. Post Malone is also making a performance before the big game. Last but not least, Andra Day will be performing the song “Lift Every Voice and Sing”.   

After the first two quarters have concluded, Usher now takes the stage at halftime. He only has 12 to 14 minutes to perform his musical set and make the stage his own. This isn’t the first time Usher has performed at the Superbowl, as he performed with the Black-Eyed Peas in 2011.  

Compared to the other performance, Usher said that this year’s show will be unlike any other. He hopes fans will “walk away with something that heals them.” Usher especially wants this performance to be memorable as a culmination of his 30 years of making music.  

Recently, he has released an exciting trailer on Apple Music. The trailer features famous faces but the only sound you hear is his famous song “Yeah”. Besides, fans have made several predictions of the other songs he will perform. These include “Confessions, Part II”, “Good Good”, “U Don’t Have to Call”, “You Make Me Wanna”, “U Remind Me”, and “OMG”.  

We can speculate all we want, but we will not know unless we watch. So, tune into the big game on Sunday, February 11th at 5:30 PM!