Dragon Spirit

The Student News Site of Collierville High School

Dragon Spirit

Dragon Spirit

Book Releases of 2024
Book Releases of 2024
March 25, 2024

The Dangerous Roads of Memphis

Photo courtesy of Streetsblog USA

While driving on any highways or main roads since the major snowstorm, the roads have been completely ruined much more than how they were before. Lately, it’s been causing serious problems on the roadways- drivers swerving in and out of lanes, popped tires, broken or scratched rims, and even car accidents. You’ve seen it on tv, social media, in person. Although many people in Memphis have reported the occurring issue, there has been nothing done about it…

Most feel anger when they suddenly hit a huge pothole and tear up their tires. This all too common for Memphis.

But what has the city done about it? Well, City of Memphis has told the public that they have (so far) filled up at least 8 thousand potholes around Memphis and will hopefully fill many more. This has helped residents worry less, but still there are some hidden areas that might not get fixed. On local news, they talk about recent effects of the roadways and what damage it is doing to everyone’s cars.

If you want to get more details about recent accidents, look on “Fox 13 New.” They have the latest and best news about the road work that’s coming to Memphis!