Dragon Spirit

The Student News Site of Collierville High School

Dragon Spirit

Dragon Spirit

Book Releases of 2024
Book Releases of 2024
March 25, 2024

World Series 2023

Photo courtesy of cnn.com
Photo courtesy of cnn.com

As the 2023 MLB Season comes to a close, only two teams remain. The Rangers, who came in as a wild card team, have now made it to the final game and are the favorites.  The Diamondbacks were the last team to get into the playoffs and have kept momentum as they have continued to win crucial games.  Both teams were winners of their individual conferences and are the last teams standing. The last time the Texas Rangers were in the world series was in 2010. They are the oldest MLB team to never win a title.  Led by Corey Seager, Adolis Garcia, and Max Scherzer, the Rangers are the betting favorites to win it all this year.

Although the team struggled last year, this year was their year as they knocked off the heavy favorite, the Houston Astros in the conference championship.  

With their strong pitchers and clutch hitters, they are a hard force to stop.  The Arizona Diamondbacks are said to be the hottest team in the league right now.   

Coming into the playoffs with an 84-78 record, they were the last team in.  But they have kept up momentum and have continued to hit the ball very well and can read the pitches greatly.

As they struggled with a 32-39 record before the All-Star break, they have certainly turned things around and have made some great changes in their lineup.

Both teams

bring something big to the table and this sets up an exciting series that will

be fun to watch.  With Arizona and Texas being close to each other, this has turned into the best of the west. The next couple of days will be anexciting series that any baseball fan would enjoy.