CHS Scoreboard 10/28/22

Photo Courtesy of godragonsgo

Braxton Groce and Carter Patterson

Football (7-2)

Our Dragons Football Team jumped into the second half of the season ready to fight! To start off, we hosted our neighbors, Germantown High School, and beat them 20-6. Then we traveled a bit down the road for the most anticipated game of the season, against our rivals: Houston High School. We got out first loss of the season, losing 6-34. Afterwards, we had a week off for fall break. Once they came back, we had another road game where we went to Bartlett High School and we ended up losing again, this time it was 7-17.

For game number seven, we showed Germantown High and the rest of the state that we are a legitimate contender for the state championship this season, winning 20-6. In this game, Aidan Glover went down with an injury early in the game. At this point, we were not ahead, and it left the question if this would be our first loss of the season. But then senior QB, Logan Johns checked into the game with a chip on his shoulder, and he proved himself. He had 203 yds and went 16-23 passing. Top performers from this game also include Noah Flaskamp (5 rec for 96 yds) and Austin Smith (7 rec for 61 yds).

For our eighth game of the season, the most anticipated game of year, against Houston High School, we took our first regular season loss in the past two seasons, 34-6. It was a tragic loss with multiple injuries and being in the hostile environment that is Houston High School, did not help the Dragons’ chances. In that game, Logan Johns went 8-18 for 118 yards, Air Bathea went 1-2 for 18 yards and four carries for 46 yards and a touchdown, and Noah Flaskamp had two receptions for 70 yards.

For game number nine, we took another loss to another dominant team in our division in Bartlett High School. In that game, Glover threw 10-19 for 107 yards, Logan Davis had 7 carries for 43 yards and 1 reception for 49 yards, Andy Bell had 8 carries for 42 yards, and Eli Sission had 4 receptions for 53 yards and a touchdown.

Volleyball (38-10)

Photo Courtesy of godragonsgo

Our Lady Dragons Volleyball team finished the regular season strong with a 3-0 win against Bartlett (25-21, 25-22, 25-23). Then they played Bartlett again for the start of the District Tournament. where they again won 3-0. After that they played Houston for the district tournament finals where they won 3-1. Then next, they looked towards the Regional Tournament. They started the tournament strong, winning the District Finals, the Regional Finals, and the Sectional game to get them to the State Tournament.

In the state tournament, the Lady Dragons were relatively successful, they beat Maryville, then Brentwood, lost to Cleveland, but then beat Brentwood again. Then, the moment that have been waiting for this whole season: the state championship game. In that game, our Lady Dragons gave it their all but fell in a loss to Cleveland 0-3. This was a great run for the Lady Dragons Volleyball team who ended the season with a record of 38-10 and being the state runner-up. Great job dragons!!

Date: Team: Set 1: Set 2: Set 3: Set 4: Set 5: Overall:
Thu, 9/29 VS. Bartlett 25-21 25-22 25-23 ——– ——– 3-0 W
Tue, 10/4 PLAYOFF – DISTRICT – Bartlett 25-8 12-25 25-13 25-18 ——– 3-1 W
Thu, 10/6 PLAYOFF – DISTRICT – Houston 27-29 25-18 25-23 25-20 ——– 3-1 W
Tue, 10/11 PLAYOFF – REGIONAL – Houston 25-21 24-26 25-22 25-17 ——– 3-1 W
Tue, 10/11 PLAYOFF – REGIONAL – Germantown ——— ——— ——— ——– ——– 3-0 W
Thu, 10/13 PLAYOFF – SECTIONAL – Dickson County 25-8 25-7 25-3 ——– ——– 3-0 W
Tue, 10/18 PLAYOFF – STATE – Maryville 21-25 25-15 25-21 23-25 15-9 3-2 W
Wed, 10/19 PLAYOFF – STATE – Brentwood 26-24 25-20 19-25 25-23 ——– 3-1 W
Thu, 10/20 PLAYOFF – STATE – Cleveland 21-25 16-25 14-25 ——– ——– 0-3 L
Thu, 10/20 PLAYOFF – STATE – Brentwood 27-25 15-25 25-21 20-25 15-12 3-2 W
Thu, 10/20 PLAYOFF – STATE – Brentwood 25-27 25-15 21-25 26-20 15-12 3-2 W
Fri, 10/21 PLAYOFF – STATE – CHAMP – Cleveland 21-25 14-25 20-25 ——— ——– 0-3 L

Women’s Soccer (10-5-1)

Photo Courtesy of godragonsgo

The end of the regular season was good for the Lady Dragons Soccer team. The Dragons played Bartlett High School where they won 2-0. In this game, A. Moffatt and A. Jacobs scored in the first half, and the team played strong defense in the second half to secure the win. Then for the last game of the regular season, they lost 0-1 to Houston High School. Houston got their goal from Ellett Smith eighteen minutes into the game. The 2025 standout snuck a shot past the Collierville goalkeeper to the weak panel. The remainder of the game had limited scoring opportunities for both teams as the defensive was impeccable.

The Lady Dragons rolled past Arlington, 3-1, in a District 15-AAA Tournament elimination match. With winning that, they advanced to the regional semifinals. For the first half of this game, both teams went scoreless, but the Dragons took an early second half lead on back-to-back goals by Amelya Jacobs. Arlington responded with a goal of their own, about halfway through the second half. It was then again Jacobs, who recently committed to Lee University, that found the back of the net for the third time to complete the hat trick as Collierville went on to win, 3-1.

After that, the girls faced White Station High School in the Regional Tournament Semi-Finals. In that game, there was strong defense on both sides throughout the first half, but in the second half, Amelya Jacobs scored which spurred some offense for both teams. White Station scored, but with a clutch goal from Kerrigan Kivisto, the Dragons secured the win and promised them the spot in the Regional Tournament Finals against Houston.

In that game, there were a lot of strong defenses, but our Lady Dragons ended up losing 0-1. After that, the Ladies went against Rossview in the Sectional Tournament. There, they won 3-0 in an incredible match where K. Kivisto scored a goal in the first half and then in the second, K. Lewis went off and got two goals within a couple of minutes.

Cross Country

Photo Courtesy of godragonsgo

Our Dragons Cross-Country team traveled to the Randolph Invitational in Huntsville, AL on October 15. The girls teams were led by Scarlett Nash, Allie Timms, and Alyssa Loden. They finished 5th out of the 22 teams.

And for the boys are the Randolph Invitational Reid Gulstrom finished first for the Dragons followed by Grant Gates and Reese Webber.   They placed 11th out of the 27 teams.

Men’s Golf

Photo Courtesy of godragonsgo

Men’s Golf finishes this year strong, with a state tournament win!

Throughout the season, the Men’s Golf team has exceeded expectations, and pushed through with a large score of wins. The Boy’s Golf Team Coach, Michael Kent said, “I felt we had a good chance to win if we played well.” And they certainly did play well. Last year the winning scores were 591 and 295.5 each day of the tournament, this year they had been shooting scores better or equal to that every match. For the State tournament, however, they shot 295 the first day, and 288 the second day, considerably better than last year’s scores.

Each player worked hard to win the tourney, each of whom deserved to be recognized for their achievements so here are the boys’ varsity players who brought home this year’s state tournament. Kaiser Godinez shot 72,71 for a 2-day total of 143, Chance Elston shot 71,72 for a 2-day total of 143, Jackson Whaley shot 74,71 for a 2-day total of 145, and Nathan London shot 78,74 for a 2-day total of 152.

Coach Kent says that he is proud of the team, and that he had belief in his team from day-one. And when asked about the outcome of the season, and the future of the team he said that Everyone work towards their improvement added up to the state championship. And for the future of the team, “We graduate 5 seniors from this year’s team. However, we returned our top three players from this year’s team. So, we should be good again next year. We will need some of our younger players from the JV team to step up next year if we are to win again at the 2023 state tournament.”

The Collierville boy’s Golf team has had an amazing 2022 season and has a great season ahead of them next year.

Mountain Biking

Photo Courtesy of godragonsgo

In late our CHS dragons Mountain Biking team went to compete in race #4 and #5 and secured top 5 places in almost every grade for both races. These dragons have already done well in their last three races and displayed their skills once again in races #4 and #5.

Race #4:

Grade Name Rank Time
8th boys Brayden Mackiewicz 3 47:45.52
JV boys A Davis Glidewell 3 1:07:32.14
JV boys B Hudson Shuford 4 1:11:22.96
10th boys A Tanner Smithart 3 44:33.42
10th girls Kate Pennel 2 54:59.11

Race #5:

Grade Name Rank Time
8th boys A Eli Hong 1 42:23.06
8th boys A Brayden Mackiewicz 4 43:34.99
JV boys B Hudson Shuford 4 1:08:48.64
JV girls A Amber Hong 3 52:22.97
10th boys A Tanner Smithart 5 42:54.55
10th girls Kate Pennel 2 51:43.95

We’re looking forward for next season to see these upcoming high-schoolers, and current high-schoolers, and how all our them will improve!