Dragon Spirit

The Student News Site of Collierville High School

Dragon Spirit

Dragon Spirit

Book Releases of 2024
Book Releases of 2024
March 25, 2024

Eras Tour Breakdown

Taylor Swift is a global superstar who is known for her major success in touring all around the world. She’s gone on a variety of tours, being the Fearless Tour, the Speak Now World Tour, The Red Tour, The 1989 World Tour, the Reputation Stadium Tour, and now the ongoing Eras Tour. The first U.S leg of the tour recently ended on August 9th after 53 shows and is picking up again internationally this November. Here is everything you need to know about The Eras Tour, from the setlist, to the tiniest details!

The Eras Tour is Taylor Swift’s 6th headlining concert tour, that spans around 3 hours long, with a setlist of 44 songs. The songs are divided into 10 distinct sections that conceptually portray Swift’s 10 albums Swift described her journey throughout her career as her different “eras,” which is essentially how the tour got its name. Swift also has a section of 2 random surprise songs for each show that are highly anticipated. Taylor Swift has made some changes within her tour, which will also be discussed. Swift usually starts the show at around 8 pm, if there is no weather delays or technical issues. She begins her set with her ‘Lover’ Era, which is her 7th album. She plays a shortened version of ‘Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince’ officially start the show. Then she continues the ‘Lover’ era with ‘Cruel Summer’, ‘The Man’, a shortened version of ‘You Need to Calm Down’, ‘Lover’, and ‘The Archer.’ Next, she goes into her ‘Fearless’ era, which is Swift’s second album, with a shortened version of ‘Fearless,’ ‘You Belong with Me’ and ‘Love Story.’ She continues to her ‘evermore’ era, being her ninth album, with ‘tis the **** season,’ which was replaced with ‘no body, no crime,’ on July 22nd, so she could perform with HAIM, but returned to the main setlist on August 24th in Mexico City. ‘willow’ a shortened version of ‘Marjorie,’ ‘champagne problems,’ and ‘tolerate it.’ Swift then moves on to her ‘Reputation’ era, which is her sixth album, with ‘…Ready for It?’ ‘Delicate,’ ‘Don’t Blame Me,’ and ‘Look What You Made Me Do.’ She then goes into her ‘Speak Now’ Era, being her third studio album, which only had one song, “Enchanted,’ until swift permanently added ‘Long Live’ on July 7th.

Photo courtesy of Getty Images

Continuing to Swift’s ‘Red’ era, which is her fourth album, starting with ‘22’, where she gives out a signed hat she wears to a random lucky fan, and then moving into ‘We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,’ ‘I Knew You Were Trouble,’ and finally the ten-minute version of ‘All Too Well.’ Swift also briefly performed ‘Nothing New’ with Phoebe Bridgers, while Bridger’s opened for The Eras Tour. Swift then moves into her ‘folklore’ era, which is her eighth album, starting with ‘invisible string’ which was replaced with ‘the 1’ on March 31st, and briefly returning on May 6th for Nashville night 2 for only that night. She then continues with ‘betty,’ ‘the last great American dynasty,’ ‘august,’ a shortened version of ‘illicit affairs,’ ‘my tears ricochet’ and ‘cardigan.’ Swift then moves along to her ‘1989’ era, her fifth album, with ‘Style,’ ‘Blank Space,’ ‘Shake It Off,’ a shortened version of ‘Wildest Dreams,’ and lastly shortened version of ‘Bad Blood.’ She then enters her surprise song acoustic section of the show, which are 2 random songs through any of her albums, played acoustically on guitar and piano. She also includes her ‘Debut’ album, her first album, which is not currently on the setlist. Sometimes Taylor has special guest to perform surprise songs with her like Jack Antonoff and Aaron Dessner. After the surprise songs section, she moves into her final set, which is her ‘Midnights’ era. She starts this section with ‘Lavender Haze,’ moving into ‘Anti-Hero,’ ‘Midnight Rain,’ Vigilante ****,’ ‘Bejeweled,’ ‘Mastermind,’ and finally, Karma. Ice Spice joined Taylor on Stage to perform ‘Karma’ on May 26th and 27th, in East Rutherford, NJ, in honor of the release of their new version of the song. That’s everything you need to know about The Era’s Tour!