Dragon Spirit

The Student News Site of Collierville High School

Dragon Spirit

Dragon Spirit

Book Releases of 2024
Book Releases of 2024
March 25, 2024

Films Releasing in December 2023

Photo courtesy of fandango.com
Photo courtesy of fandango.com

The year is coming to a close but not before the last movies of 2023 are released. Filmmakers might have just saved the best for last.

The anticipated “Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom” is finally coming to theaters on December 22nd of this year. After the success of the first “Aquaman”, released in 2018, a sequel was announced in June of 2021. Fans have been waiting for this blockbuster since and now it is finally releasing to the public. The second film follows Aquaman teaming up with his brother against the vengeful Black Manta to prevent the world’s destruction. Directed by James Wan, the film has a budget of 205 million USD. Unfortunately, the test screening for this movie did not give promising results but audiences will just have to wait and see if the wait was worth it.

Another upcoming movie, “Anyone but You” has all the romance lovers excited. The movie stars Sidney Sweeney and Glen Powell attempting to portray a happy couple to benefit both parties.

The movie is set to release December 22nd of 2023 and is expected to be a hit. The film was directed by Will Gluck who also directed the live action Peter Rabbit movies.

Of course, there has to be a Christmas movie released in December. “Candy Cane Lane” stars Eddie Murphy, who is determined to win the annual Christmas decorating contest. He makes a deal with an elf who in turn casts a magic spell that turns her victims into dolls. The film is distributed by Prime Video and directed by Reginald Hudlin, who also directed the incredible movie “Safety” on Disney+. The release date for this film is set on December 1st.

Matt Rife has rose to fame as a very successful comedian and will now be staring in his own movie. “Don’t Suck” follows a comedian gets the chance to go on tour, he is told he must pick an opener. He chooses the fellow comedian, Ethan, not knowing he is a vampire. The film was directed by Raja Collins and said to release on the 1st of December.