Dragon Spirit

The Student News Site of Collierville High School

Dragon Spirit

Dragon Spirit

Prepping for College
Prepping for College
April 3, 2024
Book Releases of 2024
Book Releases of 2024
March 25, 2024
Photo courtesy of Billboard.
Beyoncé Goes Country
March 6, 2024

Dumb Things Teens Do

Photo courtesy of Division 10 inc
Photo courtesy of Division 10 inc

As a high school student, I feel as though I have the authority to criticize my peers for their idiocies. Our school is littered with dumb high schoolers, and I want to dip my toes into the oceans of all the things the students at Collierville High school do that make me, and yes, everyone else. Everyone is annoyed by these.

The Hallways

What I learned from high school is that teenagers don’t know how to walk. Students find it fun to walk on the left side of the hallway. Which, come on. This is America. We drive on the right side of the road. Don’t pretend this is a foreign concept.

They also choose to walk extremely slowly, like crippled elderly slowly. I know that your young legs can go a little faster than that. I know that you don’t want to go to class, and I agree, but I don’t want a tardy either.

This leads me to another issue with people in the hallways. People like to stand in little groups in the middle of the walkways and randomly stop while they are walking. I’m sorry but I really do not want to try and maneuver through your little conversations without being glared at every day, thanks!

Class

When I am sitting at my desk during class, the last thing I want is to bump my feet into the person behind me. Why can’t you keep your feet to yourself? Pretty please, leave me alone.

Lunch

My favorite part about lunch is having to wait twice as long in line because people apparently find enjoyment in skipping everyone in line. Do you guys not realize the line would go faster if you were a decent person and waited your turn? You know what I also love? Showing up for lunch and seeing a table littered with ranch dressing and trash simply because students can’t find it in themselves to clean up the mess they made. This is why we got the courtyard taken away. They’ll take the whole cafeteria next.