Dragon Spirit

The Student News Site of Collierville High School

Dragon Spirit

Dragon Spirit

Book Releases of 2024
Book Releases of 2024
March 25, 2024

Best Ship? Harry Styles and Barack Obama

Photo courtesy of The OSA Telegraph
Photo courtesy of The OSA Telegraph

Former One Direction band member and popular music artist, Harry Styles and former United States President, Barack Obama have been rumored to be in a relationship. Many fans love the relationship along with the rumors of the relationship that come with. Many fans speculate things about the couple including their relationship status and the dates they go on together. The popular ship, entitled Hobama, has many people creating “ship edits” on social media platforms since the rumors started. 

These rumors began in December 2014, when a tabloid magazine, The National Examiner, produced a magazine with the two on the cover. The magazine spoke of the relationship between Harry Styles and Barack Obama. The magazine began the rumors about the two by “exposing” the relationship. The next step of their relationship rumors was people “seeing” them together. 

There have been many popular rumors about the couple throughout their relationship. In the fall of 2015, it was rumored that both celebrities were seen leaving an upscale Los Angeles restaurant, The Nice Guy. On February 1st, 2016, it was rumored that Barack Obama was seen at Harry Styles’ 22nd birthday party at the Lanesborough hotel in London, England. There were also rumors that they went on a vacation together to the Maldives. 

After these rumors started circulating more, Harry Styles began his first solo tour, Harry Styles – Live On Tour. According to some members of the staff on the Live On Tour, tour Obama was seen around the tour bus and backstage. 

A source from the tour even said he was “always around”. It has also been rumored that Obama was seen at Harry Styles’ Love On Tour DC show and the Madison Square Garden shows in September 2022. There are still popular rumors today that the two are together and have been seen together.