Dragon Spirit

The Student News Site of Collierville High School

Dragon Spirit

Dragon Spirit

Prepping for College
Prepping for College
April 3, 2024
Book Releases of 2024
Book Releases of 2024
March 25, 2024
Photo courtesy of Billboard.
Beyoncé Goes Country
March 6, 2024

Friday Night Lights

Photo courtesy of The Commercial Appeal.

With the start of the fall season, football games have been a hit here at Collierville High School. These long-awaited games are a hit for everyone in the surrounding areas. Our crowds consist of hundreds of families and students already to watch the dragons as they take on their fellow rival teams. With having one of the top ranked football teams in the South, our games are always sure to bring a crowd and the crazy. 

With these large crowds brings lots of food. You can find many stands and food trucks right at the entrance of our Dragon stadium. Like any other football game, our concession stand is a great hit for all the students and their families. People will wait in these concession lines for up to 45 minutes before even receiving their food. Students are quick to spot our Mempop truck and our McCalisters sweet tea from afar. The fumes of hot nachos and freshly, grilled hotdogs are always set to bring a rushing crowd. 

At the start of the games, Collierville’s very own band, color guard, cheerleaders, and dancers applaud the dragons as they make their way to the field. With smoke blazing and people screaming, Collierville Crazy leaders: Allie Timms, Jack Lester, Nicole Downy, BJ Boyce, Addy Cannon, Cameron Ewing, Sydney Collins, Kate Hogan, Chris Lockhart, Lauren Moerbe, Reese Gibson, Kaiser Godinez, and Lindsey Houser, are always quick to get our crowd roaring as they cheer on the dragons and their fellow Crazy leader Noah Yarbrough for kickoff. 

With only 4 games down, the Dragons have already brought home 3 wins! On August 19th, the Dragons traveled to Decatur as they played Decatur City Riverside with a final score of 35-14.On August 25th, the Dragons played Beech at home with a final score of 28-21. On September 1st, the Dragons played a tough game at Bartlet with a final score of 35-38. And on September 7th, the dragons played Douglass at home with a final score of 57-0. As the Dragons progress though the season, we hope to bring home a clean sweep of wins and advance our way into state!