Dragon Spirit

The Student News Site of Collierville High School

Dragon Spirit

Dragon Spirit

Book Releases of 2024
Book Releases of 2024
March 25, 2024

Christmas Gift Ideas

Photo Courtesy of Pinterest.com

‘Tis the season! Now is the time everybody is scrambling and shopping for gifts for family, friends, and significant others. Some people can be hard to shop for, leaving others clueless about what to get. Not to mention, everybody is different and likes different things. Here are a couple of ideas to make Christmas shopping easier!

For Dads:

If your dad is into sports, you could think of getting him a jersey or hat of his favorite team. Any merch for him to

represent his team serves as a great gift. Perhaps even buying them tickets to a game soon. To add on to that, you could buy them tickets to a concert of their favorite band if you wish. However, it can tend to be expensive so maybe buying them records or CDs is a great alternative. If he is into grilling and cooking, BBQ rubs, spices, and hot sauces are a good idea. Maybe even a cookbook full of new recipes he can try, and you can even enjoy the food together. Also, some dads like shoes so you could get them the latest style from their favorite brand. Nike, Adidas, and On’s are great shoe brands your dad is guaranteed to love. Books are another great gift idea if your dad enjoys reading. Matthew Perry’s “Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing”, Paul McCartney’s “The Lyrics”, and Matthew McConaughey’s “Greenlights” are best-selling books among fathers.

For Moms:

A lot of moms these days enjoy doing their skincare, so things like cleansers, moisturizers, face masks, serums, and other things to benefit skin are wonderful ideas. To keep with that theme, she would love a cozy robe and slippers, or even silk pajamas. If your mom likes scents, you could get her candles or diffusers to keep the house smelling great. Another fan favorite is Stanley Cups.

For Girls (Friends or Girlfriends):

Since daughters tend to take after their mothers, they would enjoy most of the things that their moms get such as skincare, candles, and Stanley cups. Lululemon is a popular brand among teenage girls and clothing items like swiftly techs, define jackets,

scuba hoodies, and leggings are fan-favorites. Self-care things like body scrubs, body butters, hand creams, eye masks, bath bombs, and bath salts are great stocking stuffers. Clothes from Brandy Melville, H&M, American Eagle, Aerie, and Urban Outfitters are also in style. While on the topic of stores, teenage girls like makeup and skincare from Sephora and Ulta Beauty, jewelry from Kendra Scott is also fashionable, and Uggs have gone back in style. If she is a swiftie, you could get merch from the official Taylor Swift Store or Etsy also has a great selection of things. If the girl you are shopping for is more than a friend, she would love a necklace or locket with your initials on it. Again, if she is a swiftie, she’d love it even more as it is an ode to the

song “Call It What You Want”. If you have been with her for a long time, a promise ring would tell her just how much you love her. Don’t know what a promise ring is? A promise ring is something to show your girlfriend that you promise to marry her someday. It sits in the place of an engagement ring, mostly because you may be too young or not ready to get married. If you feel as if that is too much, girls also love Jellycats, and you could get matching ones to be extra cute.

For Boys (Friends or Boyfriends):

Teenage boys can be very hard to buy for, but I do know of a few things. Nike clothing and shoes like Jordans and Air Forces are very ideal. If they play a sport such as basketball, baseball, or football, you can get them equipment for what they love to do. If those you are shopping for are into gaming, you could get them the latest video game, new controllers, or even a new headset. To add on, headphones like Airpods, Airmaxes, and Beats are great. Also, jewelry like chains and bracelets are always a good go-to, and if you are shopping for your boyfriend, you could get personalized matching necklaces or bracelets with your initials. And as an extra to a gift, you could add some of their favorite candy if you wish.

Have fun shopping for your loved ones this holiday season! Don’t forget to make sure to celebrate what’s important, not just gifts.