Dragon Spirit

The Student News Site of Collierville High School

Dragon Spirit

Dragon Spirit

Book Releases of 2024
Book Releases of 2024
March 25, 2024

Winter Traditions

Photo courtesy of Pioneer Woman

Celebrating winter traditions with family might just be the best part of the holiday season, even if you don’t celebrate Christmas! Every family should have at least one memorable tradition to reflect on when the holidays come around.

Starting off with Christmas decorating. No house has to be over the top decorated for this activity to be fun and rewarding. Having the house in Christmas spirit is so simple do to and amazing to have. This activity can be a self done thing or the whole family can get involved. Either way its a great way to bring Christmas cheer into the home.

Next is baking or cooking! Different foods always have the power to bring people together. Usually on holidays people lean more towards baking treats like cookies, pies, pastries, cakes, or brownies. But there is also some real food that can really bring the holiday spirit such as, different potato dishes, ham, vegetables, and dinner rolls. Holiday meals with family are always a good time with good food.

Another tradition is looking at lights. Its just as simple as driving around. It’s something that can totally be spiced up with blankets and hot chocolate. This tradition is always a good time and the houses are beautiful in holiday cheer.

The final tradition is a common one but playing holiday games might be the funnest activity of them all. White Elephant, holiday bingo, 3 favorites or any other games are so much more fun in the holiday season. Especially when they involve gifts!