Dragon Spirit

The Student News Site of Collierville High School

Dragon Spirit

Dragon Spirit

Prepping for College
Prepping for College
April 3, 2024
Book Releases of 2024
Book Releases of 2024
March 25, 2024
Photo courtesy of Billboard.
Beyoncé Goes Country
March 6, 2024

Thanksgiving is Near

Photo Courtesy of thepicturepantry.com

With Halloween over, Thanksgiving is the next holiday to be celebrated. Nearly 90 percent of Americans celebrate every year. With the Holidays approaching, it can be a busy and pressured time, but it is important to slow down and soak it all in surrounded by the people that mean the most to you. There are many must do things that will make your Thanksgiving this year the most thrilling one yet. 

One thing high on the list, is taking time to bake. Some delicious ideas are apple pie, apple crisp, apple spice cake, pumpkin pie, chewy pumpkin cookies, or even pumpkin cinnamon rolls. Leading up to the holiday, you can make an effort to help your family members this year if they are hosting. Whatever they need, you could help with the table centerpiece, help cook the meal everyone will enjoy, or even help clean the house before guests arrive. Small things make a difference, and family will appreciate it more than you know, and helping others will warm your heart. Something you cannot miss out on is making a gratitude jar. If crafting is your thing, you can DIY a jar where all your family members will fill out a slip of paper writing something they are thankful for, and place it in the jar. Then, before everyone eats each person can pull out a piece of paper and read it out loud. It is a great way to bring thankfulness and joy to the table.

After eating, it is important to put all electronics and distractions away, tell stories, laugh, and play games. Enjoy the moment and it will be the best Thanksgiving! After Thanksgiving ends, Christmas is nearing and people need support. Donating to charities, the food bank, or filling up a box of toys for children in need is the best way to give back to the community. Whatever you choose to do for Thanksgiving this year, remember to soak it in, focus on your blessings, and make an extra effort to enjoy each and every moment this year!