Dragon Spirit

The Student News Site of Collierville High School

Dragon Spirit

Dragon Spirit

Book Releases of 2024
Book Releases of 2024
March 25, 2024

CHS Courtyard Usage

Photo+Courtesy+of+commercial+appeal+
Photo Courtesy of commercial appeal

Just last year, the staff and admin at CHS have taken away courtyard privileges to every grade level except the seniors. The known reason for that is last year students were not picking up their trash properly; and it’s admittable that after each lunch period concluded looking out to the courtyard was just horrible. Trash in bushes, on tables and just scattered everywhere. To be honest the only time the courtyard was relatively clean was in the morning and when rainy days would occur. Which is disappointing, but one thing that truly sucks is that the brand new freshman, and the others to come will most likely not be able to use the courtyard until their senior year as well.

It’s evident that the courtyard is enjoyable and should look presentable at all times. Principal Jones would come onto the intercom almost every day after certain lunch times to remind the students the courtyard needed to be cleaned up and taken care of. He gave students many warnings, and even said that if it wasn’t picked up after each lunch he’d close it down. And Mr. Jones followed through with what he said. Now, at the beginning of the year when this rule was first introduced lots of people cared and wanted it changed. However, now that time has passed by it doesn’t seem like people are all to bothered about it. 

Just as a brief reminder, if Principal Jones were to ever allow all grade levels to have access to the courtyard once again be sure to actually keep it clean and looking as neat as it should be. The courtyard is a pleasant place where students can go to eat, meet up before and after school, do club activities, and much more. It’d be a shame to only be able to use to when transitioning from class to class.