Dragon Spirit

The Student News Site of Collierville High School

Dragon Spirit

Dragon Spirit

Prepping for College
Prepping for College
April 3, 2024
Book Releases of 2024
Book Releases of 2024
March 25, 2024
Photo courtesy of Billboard.
Beyoncé Goes Country
March 6, 2024

Basketball VS. Football: Which One?

Photo courtesy of nba.com

Basketball and Football are two of the most popular sports in the world and are widely known by many.

Basketball is a sport that is played all around the world and has an olympic sport.  The United States usually has the highest level of play in the world.  With the NBA being the best basketball league to play in, many foreign players come to the US to get a shot at the real deal.  Many stars like, Joel Embiid, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Luka Dončić, control the league with their different (but good) play.

Football is a widely known sport throughout the United States.  The NFL is the US professional league that most Americans play.  Football is one of the most physical sports to play in the world and players get hurt easy.  Stars of the League consist of players like Jalen Hurts, Joe Burrow, Justin Jefferson, Derrick Henry, and many more.  The most popular position to play is quarterback (also known as QB). 

According to statista.com, they said that, ”77 percent of U.S. adults who generally follow sports said they follow football, putting it far ahead of basketball.”  This poll was taken of most American adults and the answer they chose was football.  The NFL only comes around for about 6 months out of the year, so this makes it more enjoyable to watch the games.

Overall, basketball and football are two of the most popular sports to play and watch.  While many play just for fun, there are few that go pro. Basketball is popular in the United States and the world and football is the most popular sport in the United States.  Both are key sports that make up the athletics world as many follow them.