Dragon Spirit

The Student News Site of Collierville High School

Dragon Spirit

Dragon Spirit

Prepping for College
Prepping for College
April 3, 2024
Book Releases of 2024
Book Releases of 2024
March 25, 2024
Photo courtesy of Billboard.
Beyoncé Goes Country
March 6, 2024

Time Management

Photo courtesy of Deposit Photos

Time management can be such a difficult task for teenagers. Once they start off their week on a bumpy road, it is hard to get it back on track. Time management is an essential life skill that is needed all throughout High school, and the rest of adult life. Time management will affect a student’s grades, sleep, extracurricular activities, work, event attending and many other areas. There are some important steps that must be acquired in teens for success in managing their time.

One is the importance of sleep. Teens between the ages of 13 and 18 need 8-10 hours of sleep per night. If teens are not getting this amount of sleep, they will not be able to achieve the everyday tasks they have been given to the best of their ability. Sleep is needed to be fully equipped for school and is especially important for student athletes who are burning large number of calories so that they will not have decreased stamina and a quicker exhaustion rate. To be able to achieve sleep teens must try to get all their work done during the day, so they aren’t complied at night. Teens have tons of things they have to do after school, such as jobs, extracurricular activities, practices, etc. It is important to use every minute of free time at school to get the extra work done. 

Also, weekly resets are extremely beneficial. Every weekend on either Saturday or Sunday during a moment of down time teens need to get their things prepared. Meal prepping lunches, work clothes for the week, practice materials if they do a sport, are important ones. Then, whatever that individual may need for that week. If they are aware they have a busy week, getting ahead on homework for just an hour will help. That way when the week gets busy, all the little things are done, and they don’t have to even think about it.

Time management is a task that takes practice, but once someone gets the hang of it, it really isn’t too demanding. There will always be days people have where they are not able to easily time manage, but there is always the next day to try again!