Student Spotlight: Anthony Argiro

Annalise Argiro, Staff Writer

Anthony Argiro is a junior at Collierville High School and has been involved in SGA (Student Government Association) for three years. Anthony loves to help the school and enjoys talking to everyone, hence why many students know him. Besides SGA, he is also known for being a student-athlete. For the past three years, he has been on the Collierville High School baseball team. Between school and baseball, he is always working hard and has found a school-life balance. When he gets home in the evening, he usually takes a quick nap and then eats dinner. After dinner, he talks to his friend, but when 9:30 pm comes around, he switches gears and starts to do homework. You are probably wondering how I know all this stuff about Anthony. Well I’m his sister, Annalise Argiro.

Anthony is a good brother (most of the time) and has helped me adjust to being a student at CHS. Plus, he has helped me understand the nursing pathway that he knows and loves. One of the funniest things about the nursing class is that Anthony struggles to make the hospital bed. He also enjoys listening to the speakers that come into the classroom to talk about their job in health care. So, if you want to know more, here below is the conversation with Anthony about SGA, nursing, and baseball.

Q: What is SGA about?

A: “SGA is about helping others not only within the school, but also within the community around it.”

Q:  Why do you like SGA?

A: “I like SGA because it has been like a family I have grown up around during all three years in high school. Similarly, I enjoy seeing the benefits of all the events we hold.”

Q: What is your favorite event that SGA has put on?

A: “My favorite event is always Angel Tree, when I get to dress up as Santa and go around the school, and we give countless gifts to those in need.”

Q: What advice would you give someone who is trying to get into SGA?

A: “If you were trying to get into SGA, I would tell you to just be yourself and don’t be afraid to communicate your ideas with others.”

Q: What high school pathway are you in?

A: “I am currently in the nursing assistant program.”

Q: What is the hardest thing you have learned in nursing class?

A: “The hardest thing I have learned in the nursing program, has been making the beds after using them.”

Q: What makes you want to go down the nursing pathway?

A: “I am interested in studying medicine in college.”

Q: What would you tell people that wanted to select the nursing pathway in high school?

A: “I would tell them that it is an excellent program that helps get you more prepared to further your education in the medical field.”

Q: How long have you been playing baseball?

A: “I have been playing baseball since I was around 5 years old.”

Q: What is your favorite memory playing baseball?

A: “My favorite memory from playing baseball has been being able to practice with my dad.”

Q: Besides baseball, what is your favorite thing to do in your free time?

A: “In my free time I enjoy arguing with my sister, Annalise.”